Thursday, September 14, 2006

One night in Kuching

Came to Kuching on a very last minute planning. Had a very important presentation tomorrow morning at UNIMAS.

I stayed at the Grand Continental executive floors (rarity!) as most of Kuching's hotels were rather fully booked. And since the dealer rep decidedly dropped me off early at the hotel, I had to find my way to dinner.

Dinner. I thought there wasn't gonna be much choice to choose around at this place, but apparently there are some stuffs going on here at night!

Minus the rather touristy Waterfront (where the Fort Magherita is), I manage to find quite a few nice eateries around downtown center. And I didn't have to walk too far off from the hotel as well.

14092006-1

There are quite a bit of Chinese kopitiam around, and I decided to eat at this chinese stir fry place opposite MAS Plaza. Very small yet cozy settings.

14092006(001)

I ordered myself two piece of fried fish topped with tauchu sauce. And then I had this sliced bamboo shoot stir fried belacan, and a rather homemade corn buttton mushroom soup. All for RM18. Not bad, as it taste quite homey too!

14092006(003)

14092006(004)

14092006(002)

Surround Kuching is not as quiet as you might think. In fact it can be a very nice weekend get away if you want to. But food wise generally is about the same like KL. Walking around town, I still can get the feelings of how KL once feel like many decades ago. There are still businesses run traditionally, mookcakes that were sold in tube like arrangements, tid bits snacks that are rare in KL.

No comments: