Friday, April 21, 2006

Bakerzin, 1 Utama - I want my strawberry shortcake!

Actually, I didn't mean to eat the strawberry shortcake at the first place. Was suppose to check something up from the Columbia Clothing store in 1 Utama for someone. Somehow the clothstore didn't last too long, and have closed for sometime.

Since I am not sure what to do next, I decided to hang around for a bit. Walk walk walk, I came to Bakerzin. Alas, the strawberry shortcake was just in front of me in the display counter. Sigh... I decided to have it, and told myself it is a treat as I have not been out frequently these days.

I ordered a nice hot lavender tea (RM8 per pot), together with my strawberry shortcake (RM8.90). The combination is heavenly! I am not a cake person in general, but somehow I just can't seemed to get away from having the cake all to myself!

Image022


There are loads of puddings, creme brulee, which they serve in tapas style as well. Have not give it a try yet. Perhaps next time I guess, as they look just as good from the menu.

Also tried was the mushroom soup (RM10.90). Served granished with bacon strips. Tad bit salty for today. Somehow it taste better when ate together with that loaf of warm wholemean bread that came together.

Image023


Try their maincourse as well, there are some quite interesting selections!

Read about my more recent visit to the Bakerzin:
http://danachow.blogspot.com/2007/05/weekend-and-it-is-bakerzin-1-utama-for.html



Bakerzine

Store outlook from Bakerzin Website
Website: http://www.bakerzin.com
1 Utama
G-312, Ground Floor Highstreet
One Utama Shopping Centre
No. 1 Lebuh Bandar Utama
Bandar Utama
47800 Petaling Jaya
Malaysia

No comments: