Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A sanctuary or A lifetime of jailing?

I don't know about you, everytime I read about wildlife sanctuary set up by so called experts to protect endangered animal, my gut just feel very uneasy about the whole thing. You know Malaysian way of doing things, "hangat-hangat tahi ayam" (literally translated as with passion of 3 minutes only). Everytime they promised you a world saying that the animals are very well taken care of, and the park or the center is very well kept.

While on 22nd Feb 2005, Stars has published about how a guy setting up a wild life park that with lots of promise http://thestar.com.my/news/archives/story.asp?ppath=\2005\2\22&file=/2005/2/22/features/10161024&sec=features, on the day after that, Stars has talked about the closing of another park. http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/2/23/nation/10236881&sec=nation. Things seemed to predictable, and I bet the animals would voice their complaints of being drag along these dramatic decisions.

Also, I would like to point out that, what makes these so called experts has the right to lock the animals up to guard their safety? Have they found out what was the source of these creatures? I am sure at least some of them were got from black market traders. Isn't that what the television says:"Where there is no trade, there is no killings?" So, I think it is very wrong that the experts pretend they are god to take responsibilities to on these endangered animals when they themselves have doubtful mean of getting the animals at the first place.

Can someone voice out saying "No more hot-air projects!" please???

No comments: